Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 20 Aug 2001 11:53:12 -0400
7bit
From:
Richard Neimeyer <[log in to unmask]>
I have a friend who has what seems like one of those computers you buy
at computer shows where they throw together a machine for you at rock
bottom prices.  It's a Pentium MMX computer.

What he did was buy a USB card that he installed, Windows 98 picked up
on it and installed the drivers and all that.  The BIOS can be set to
recognize the keyboard USB at startup and we presumed that met that the
keyboard can operated out of the USB instead of the regular KB port.
Anyway at bootup the computer can't see the keyboard with just the
keyboard connected to the USB connector.

He originally purchased a VIA USB card but decided to return it because
it didn't seem to work?  The vendor would not take a return and he
purchased a D-Link USB card.  I installed that with the same result.

I should note that once Win98 starts I can disconnect the DIN KB
connector and the KB would work with the USB port.

Can anyone give me advice on this.  My guess is that it's a problem with
the BIOS.

Thanks.

Dick

                     visit our download web page at: