NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Kim Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 16:40:20 -0700
Hi, this is my first post to the group and would really appreciate help if you can.  My 13 month old is having problems with milk and I don't know why.  At 6 months we tried switching her off of soy formula to regular formula and she vomited for 4 hours.  We tried again at 8 months with the same result.  I took her to an allergist and had her blood tested for milk allergies.  The dr sent it to the Mayo Clinic because he said they would be very thorough.  The test came back negative, so I had her scratch tested for any sensitivity to each specific part of milk (they did  5 different ones).  Absolutely nothing!!  So we were sent on our way.  At about 10 months we started feeding her a little processed food that had trace amounts of milk in them and she did just fine.  We've gradually given her more and more.  Even cheese once.  She's always been just fine.  Yesterday we gave her 1-2 ounces of milk and she vomited all over a few times again.  1)  What is the difference and 2)  How come she does that when all of the tests came back negative???  Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Kim