From:
Monika Bradley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 16:31:53 EDT

Found this incredible looking "Asiago & White Cheddar Asparagus" soup mix at
Sam's Club the other day. Don't know why I still bother reading labels on
things that would typically be unsafe, but hope springs eternal, as the
saying goes.  Anyway, here is the email response I just received.  If the
company cares so much, I'm looking forward to staying at the Inn some day
(www.innontecreekfoods.com)

Hi Monika,

Thank you for your email.  In our business, you can imagine that we have
large numbers of customers who suffer from a myriad of food allergies who
contact us with similar questions and concerns.  This has brought a great
sense of awareness and attention to the ingredient and product quality here
at Inn On The Creek Foods.   The only ingredient that may draw a red flag
for you and your husband is Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten. I checked the Celiac.com
website and there is a paragraph devoted to corn gluten, which I found very
interesting.  Check this out and see what you think.  I am sure you know
everything you can possibly know about Celiac Disease - but i would caution
you to research Hydrolyzed Corn Gluten and it's overall effect on Celiac
patients prior to your husband eating any of our soup.   I would appreciate
you passing on any information you may dig up.   If your husband is able to
eat our Asparagus Soup, then by all means,  pass the word to our friends on
the Celiac Listserve.

Thank you again for contacting us.  Take the best of care,

Regards,

Julie Probst
Inn On The Creek Foods