From:
Barbara Schmidle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 12:07:01 EDT

Dear List,

Has anyone had the experience of your digestive system simply stopping after
a dose of gluten...even a tiny amount?  My son apparently held all water and
a very small amount of food in his stomach all day long....naturally a loss
of appetite....gas and stomach pressure and pain with major distention.
Yesterday evening ALL came up and out, then he felt fine.  Definitely not a
flu or virus....no nausea.  I'm suspecting the barley malt extract in the
organic rice cereal he ate that morning.  Anyone with a similar experience?
It's been a battle trying to convince a 17 year old to avoid gluten.

TIA....

Barbara