From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 13 Aug 2001 16:59:40 -0700

I recently spoke to a doc in my GP's office in Federal Way, WA (half way
between Seattle & Tacoma).  He told me that out of 1000 patients that
visit their clinic, 2 or 3 are celiac.  Add my son & I and that makes 4
or 5.  I've recently read that the national average is less than 1 in
4,000.  Compared to the rest of the USA, I'd say some folks in the
Seattle/Tacoma area of Washington state are doing an outstanding job when
it comes to diagnosing celiac.  I'm sure this must have something to do
with the outreach efforts of Gluten Intolerance Group of North America
headquartered in Seattle.  ~Valerie in Tacoma