From:
Jamie Maher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 14:24:00 -0400

For responses to this post I would like to thank those who encouraged me and
those who critiqued me just the same.

Summary of responses:

- Although a person may not experience symptoms of Celiac while ingesting
gluten, they are still doing serious damage to their intestinal track.

- While some the foods mentioned do not contain wheat or gluten, there is
still the risk of cross contamination. I.e. foods cooked on grills or in
grease with other gluten containing foods.

- It is common for groups/organizations to disagree with each other in
regard to how to follow the gluten-free diet. Some groups disagree about
what is gluten-free, which can make having Celiac Sprue even more
challenging.

Most responses echoed the three above and you may have heard them before.

With the exception of Dunkin Donuts, all of the foods mentioned in my
Fast Foods" guide. I am not looking to evade accountability for my
suggestions. I am merely trying to validate these foods either way.

In closing, it is advisable to treat each case individually and seek your
own doctor's advice as to what is acceptable in your diet.

For parents of children with Celia Sprue who have seen this thread, please
use extreme caution with these foods. It hurts us all when the little ones
aren't feeling well.