From:
sandybill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 15:02:22 -0700

At 02:15 PM 10/25/01 -0500, Kyra Rogerson wrote:

>This is to Celiacs living in, or visiting the Seattle, WA area; there is a
>great restaurant in Snohomish - Mardini's.  The chef is the owner; he was
>very accomodating when I called the day prior to our family reunion dinner;
>I had my pick of 5 menu items that evening (their menu has seafood, steaks,
>pasta, salads, etc. - not an Italian restaurant)  I had the grilled lamb,
>which was wonderful! with the portions very generous.  The meal was arranged
>and served without extra fuss or hassle, & I could relax & enjoy the meal
>and the conversation without worry or undue discussion.  I can't recommend
>them highly enough.  Try them and enjoy!

So long as we're writing about the Northwest, I can tell you that Whidbey
Island, in Puget Sound across from No. Seattle, is starting to have some
very friendly places to eat.

1. The Star Bistro, upstairs on First Street in Langley, has a gluten free
menu now.

2. The Blueberry Jazz, a vegetarian restaurant in Freeland, has very good
food and they will cook you an excellent pasta if you phone a day ahead of
time. They can also do it if you phone ahead a few hours before too. And I
am talking to them about a GF menu. They are very helpful and interested.
The hostess is studying to be a dietitian and she wants to specialize in
celiac diets.

3. The Cafe Langley on First Street in Langley has no trouble fixing me up
with GF meals when I go in there. And I've not yet had a gluten accident
there. Knock knock on wood :)

4. Breakfast at Mike's cafe on First in Langley seems to be safe again and
again. I stick to eggs, beaters, hash browns and bacon. I also tell them to
cook it with as little grease as possible since their grease seems to have
a touch of butter in it.

5. And once again I'll mention Guiseppe's Trattoria at Ken's Corner Mini
Mall, just outside of Clinton where you get off the ferry. The owner says
she's allergic to wheat and dairy so she tries hard and it seems to work
well for me. And they have the cioppino I've had in my small travels. -vance