From:
Sarah Bauermeister <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Sep 2001 09:24:03 -0500

Hi there

One day, I hope to know enough to be an informer instead of an enquirer, in
the mean time, thanks everyone for all your help.

My results are back from Dr. Fine and in spite of being GF for 9 months,
they came back slightly positive and positive, I am just waiting for my
gene result. The Dr. here in the UK did not want to even entertain the idea
that I might be celiac because I was always constipated instead of
diarrhoea. I just would like to know from some of you how you cope with
gluten reactions.  I have an almost immediate gluten reaction of a numb
tongue, breathlessness, extreme fatigue and then extreme irritability.  I
have found that I am able to cope less and less with these reactions. The
reaction lasts 2-3 hours at least. This week, I had 4 reactions which wash
me out totally.  I am a mum of 7 children under 12, including breastfeeding
a 4 month old, I am not very strong physically and I am battling.  I have
since found out that I think it is my face cream that is catching me.  Do
any of you have a similar reaction and do any of you have an antidote?
Someone once told me to try Indian Tonic water, that the quinine in it
might help?

Thanks for any advice, I will summarize any responses.

Sarah Bauermeister, UK