EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 09:37:18 GMT
Hello Eileen,

WordAloud could be the answer.  This has a word-at-a-time display,
so your eye doesn't have to move its focus from left to right - it can fixate
at or near the centre of the screen and watch the words go by.  Actually
normal readers can read much faster with this type of display than they
can off the printed page, because you don't have to move your eyes.
(WordAloud allows a text display of between 10 and 1000 words per minute.
Go to the options box, set the Mode to "Text", and set "Text speed" to
whatever you want.)

Since WordAloud includes speech synthesis, you can also sit back and
listen to the text being spoken.

WordAloud will read text files (.txt) and web pages (.htm or .html)
directly.  You can copy text from files of other formats and read it.
To read hard copy, you will need to scan in the pages and use OCR
(optical character recognition) to obtain the text.

You can download a free copy from www.wordaloud.co.uk.  Let me know
how your client gets on.

Cheers from Chiswick,

John
--

--
Access the word, access the world! -- Try our WordAloud software!!

John Nissen, Cloudworld Ltd., Chiswick, London
Tel:   +44 (0) 845 458 3944 (local rate in the UK)
Fax:   +44 (0) 20 8742 8715
Web:   http://www.cloudworld.co.uk