EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Adrian Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Adrian Higginbotham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Oct 2001 14:55:56 +0100
providing you are using the very latest version of jaws - v4 then yes this
sould work.
as you say the document needs to be correctly structured with text labels
added to structure tags, and other factors can come in to play such as if
the document has been encripted in 128 bit security then it is important
that the author did not switch off access to the document for the MSAA
application.
also if the document has been converted from an earlier version of pdf using
the "legacy converter" included in acrobat 5 then the legacy converter
access plugin has to be downloaded from the Adobe website (it isn't on the
program CD) for the resultant documents to be accessible.

Adrian Higginbotham.

SURFACE  (Salford University, Research Focus on Accessible Environments).

tel:  (44_-161-2954939,
fax  (44)-161-2955011,
Email [log in to unmask]
textphone  (44)-161-2953599.