From:
Helen Stone <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Jan 1995 18:05:55 GMT

I don't know whether Hellman's is made to the same recipes in the States
as it is here in Britain, but over here the full fat Hellman's gives me
no problems (I have an alergy to wheat not Coeliac disease). The low
fat version, however, contains modified starch and I avoid it. It
might be worth checking which sort of Hellman's is used in any
prepared foods.

I have found the information on the celiac list very useful in helping
me aviod hidden sources of wheat. The fact that white pepper sometimes
has wheat added came as a revalation, I had been suspecting that
pepper might be giving me problems, but had no idea why. Keep up
the good work and thanks for all the info.

                        Helen Stone