From:
Rhonda Jared <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 23:42:13 -0500

I received 6 responses and 5 were positive that the distillation process
removes the gluten protein in vinegars and alcohol.  This is what I had
comprehended from reading the newest information, but I wanted to make sure.
So - Several people who responded said that they use Hunt's BBQ sauce
(hickory + brown sugar flavor) as well as vanilla flavoring with alcohol.
One person said it was not safe to eat.

Guess I'll try it tomorrow.

Lactose Intolerance Info:  I always have bad reactions to G-F bread made
using powdered milk even when taking 2 Lactaid Ultra tablets for 2 pieces of
G-F toast.   I recently read that powdered milk contains more lactose than
2% or whole milk...the more fat, as in butter, the less lactose.
I can get by just fine when using 2% or whole milk in the bread and also
taking Lactaid Ultra, but the powdered milk leaves me chained to the
bathroom.