EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"* EASI: Equal Access to Software & Information" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 17 May 2002 11:23:14 -0700
Hi Folks,

We are preparing to launch a new project that will potentially involve an
online message board. Our idea is to provide a place where disability
organizations worldwide can post messages seeking partners in other
countries to conduct exchange programs with. For example, an organization of
people with psychiatric disabilities in Hungary wants to come to the United
States to meet with similar organizations here and share experiences, ideas,
strategies, etc. The message board would be a potential tool to facilitate
communication between organizations that want to visit and organizations
that want to host. We are not set on the message board idea yet, and are
exploring how accessible online message boards are in general. If anyone has
experience with these, and suggestions on whether message boards can be made
accessible if done right, please let me know.

Thanks!
Tracy Scharn
NCDE Project Coordinator

P.S. The new issue of "A World Awaits You: A Journal of Success in
International Exchange for People with Disabilities" is out now. If you
would like a free copy, please send your mailing address to us:

Mobility International USA
National Clearinghouse on Disability and Exchange
PO Box 10767
Eugene, OR  97440  USA
Tel: (541) 343-1284 (voice/TTY)
Fax: (541) 343-6812