Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 22:30:26 -0500

Basically I got a lot of replies that indicated that it is gf, and
celiacs are better off getting the shot, even if it weren't gf.
Lila    -  Thanks for all the replies.

Portions of various quotes:

For YEARS, my family and I have used the homeopathic THE FLU SOLUTION.
which is available in  health food stores.  You take one vial per month
on the tongue [different instructions than what is on the pkg, but this
is what my md/homeopath told us to do].  For as long as we have been
taking this product.  NOONE in the family has gotten the flu. It is gf

Doctors recommend that celiacs get the flu shot- I am sure it is gf

Yes, I get it every year.  The pneumonia vaccine also is GF and a great
thing to do.

I got a shot last year and had checked with our Health Dept. here in
Minnesota and they said it did not contain any gluten.  And I didn't get
any reactions from it either.

I have been getting flu shots for several years now and have not had a
problem. In fact, because CD is an autoimmune disorder, I am able to get
the shot at the first of the season when, like last year and this year,
there is a shortage of vaccine.  I suggest you talk with your doctor if
you have a question.

Not a problem unless you are allergic to eggs.

Get one...Much better than the flu!

Read this about injections as I was reading everything I could about CD
when my daughter was diagnosed.  The article I read suggested that if
you cannot find a GF version of a drug or if you cannot find out if the
drug is GF or not ask your doctor for a shot instead of a pill and you
will not have a problem.

You only have to worry about things that you put in your mouth, that go
to your intestine and cause the damage. You also don't have to worry
about shampoos, lotions (unless they are going to be around your mouth)
etc... unless you have DH.  This information is from the Mayo Clinic, so
it is correct.