From:
Mark/Jodie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Oct 2001 21:03:05 -0700

Hi All

Thank you for your replies about Baskin & Robbins Ice Cream Cakes.  99%
of you said YES, that you get these "all ice cream cakes" all the time.
We've got one being made right now by a wonderful lady at our local
shop.  She took great caution in making sure all of her utencils were
sterilized and that the cake was double-packaged in the freezer to avoid
contamination.

Secondly, I asked the list about Henry Weinhard's Root Beer - no one
knew anything, and I can't even find it in the store anyway.  Several
folks suggested IBC Root Beer, but one person said it was not GF.  I
contacted the folks at IBC (turns out it's made by Dr. Pepper/7Up) and
here is their reply:

Thank you for contacting Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc.  Your comments and inquiries
are appreciated because they provide valuable feedback about our brands.

Many of the Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. products contain high fructose corn syrup
which is derived from corn and which may contain very small amounts of corn
gluten only. No other types of gluten.  According to the Celiac Sprue
Association, corn gluten is not of concern to people who have Celiac Sprue
disease.

Dr Pepper/Seven Up, Inc. is proud to be the largest non-cola and third largest
soft drink manufacturer in the United States.  We produce solely the flavoring
concentrates from which various brands of soft drinks are made.  These
concentrates are then sold to independent franchised licensed bottlers who
produce and distribute the finished soft drink product to retailers for
sale to
consumers.

So - our little 7-year old GF Cowgirl will be having a beautiful ice
cream cake and bottled root beer at her party tomorrow.

Thanks again.        ~ jodie in N.CA