From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:35:43 -0500

Dear List,

I am turning to those of you who have had experience with the Intestinal
Permeability Test  done by Great Smokes Lab.  My homeopathic doctor has
provided me with the test kit.  Inside is a bottle of concentrate to
drink.  It contains lactulose, mannitol, glycerin and water.  The Lab
has assured me that these are all gluten free.  The label also says,
"May cause discomfort."  This is what concerns me.

About a year ago I had severe vomiting that led to rupturing something
in my stomach, and this led to the emergency room and a few days in the
hospital while it healed.  My goal is to never throw up again!.  Can any
of you who have taken this test give me any idea how much discomfort I
might expect?  If you have had experience with this, please let me know
what happened to you.  I suspect it will be okay,  but I would love to
hear from the voice of experience.

I am doing the test on Thursday, so please reply before then.  Thanks
for your help.  I will summarize if there appears to be interest.

Anne in Texas