EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
EILEEN HADDON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Apr 2002 09:38:25 -0400
The director of the Writing & Communication Center at Vermont Technical College purchased this software after I demonstrated the program to them. Their center is open to all students, including people with diagnosed and undiagnosed disabilities. They have found it has been an excellent tool. One professor said they had trouble "believing" about learning disabilities until one of her student's grades improved by 20 points when he took a class test via WYNN rather than by hand.

It is terrific with words, and sometimes not as terrific with numbers and formulas. You do need to be careful and get a scanner that is compatible according to the company's current list.

Eileen Haddon, ATP
Vermont Assistive Technology Project

Eileen C. Haddon, ATP
Vermont Assistive Technology Project
Vermont Technical College
Randolph Center, VT  05061
Phone: 802-728-1520 / Fax: 802-728-1390

Rehab Engineering Technology  --  Make a difference!

>>> [log in to unmask] 04/17/02 11:47AM >>>
Hello all

Recently I downloaded Wynn 3.0 Demo for tryout. So far my students have
thought this is one of the best all around programs for scanning, word
processing, and web research. It looks good and I have had no difficulty with
it. What are some experiences you have had with the program and how have your
students been using it in the classroom.

Talk later

David

Robert David Dawson, Ph.D.
Coordinator of ICATER
Iowa Center for Assistive Technology and Educational Resources (ICATER)
N168 Lindquist Center
College of Education
University of Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa 52242