From:
Viola Chapkey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 05:35:49 -0800

Dear listmates,

Thank you so much for all your responses and advice!

Below is the summary of the answers I received on my
question about the gluten free dips.

Have a wonderful holiday season!

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

1)  Heluva Good dips: ranch, French onion, vegetable,
dill, creamy salsa also their hard block cheeses are
all GF (the pre-shredded kind are not GF though) and
their sour cream is GF. Here is the website which
contains contact info. including their 800 number
which is 888-611-4341
http://www.heluvagood.com/contact_us.htm

2) These aren't so much dips as cheese spreads, but
they work well with veggies: On the Rondele web site
(www.rondele.com), under FAQ, they list which
of their cheese spreads are gluten-free, including a
nice garlic and herbs one.

3) Hellmans Ranch Salad Dressing

4) Fantastic Foods Soup & Dip Recipe Mixes (in a box)
are GF: Onion, Onion Mushroom, Garlic Herb, Vegatable.

 You just add sour cream
and mix.

5) I use 16 oz. container of GF Sour Cream and blend
in 1/2 cup of GF Russian Dressing (Wishbone).  Then I
add a dash of crushed red peppers and
about a TLB of grated onion.

6) Frito Lay Original Flavor bean dip, Jalapeno
cheddar flavored cheese dip, mild cheddar cheese dip,
tostito natural mild medium or hot restaurant style
salsa, tostito tortilla chips and cheese dip snack
kit, and tostito tortilla salsa snack kit.

7) I mix Pace Salsa with Mayo (equal parts).  It's
tasty.

8) Make your own!!!!heap and very easy.

1.  old favorite....2 pkgs Lipton or Pathmark Onion
Soup mix in 1 lb sour cream.  If you wan to get fancy,
throw in some chopped scallions,
and a little extra garlic.

2. best dip....in food processor, 2 pkg feta cheese, 1
bag frozen chopped spinach, thawed and wrung dry, 1 lb
sour cream, 1/2 teas
nutmeg, pepper to taste, 2 minced garlic
cloves.....whirl in food processors....Really good

9) Dill Weed Dip: 3/4 cup mayonnaise, 3/4 cup sour
cream, 3 tbsp minced onion, 3 tsp dill weed

10)     Annie's Cowgirl Ranch Dressing

11) Lipton's Onion Soup Mix, which my family loves as
a dip, is GF.  It comes in a packet and you add sour
cream.