From:
Jennifer Whitehead <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 20:28:26 -0500

I forgot to post that the Subway in the shopping center across the street
was EXTREMELY accomodating of my needs.  When I explained my situation they
happily designated a person to don fresh gloves and make a salad with any
fixings I desired from the fresh products in the refrigerator rather than
from the products that are contaminated with crumbs at the counter.  What a
bargain!  I think that is the best salad I have had in a long time!
Remember, it doesn't hurt to ask & sometimes you are pleasantly surprised!
Enjoy!

My husband and I recently went on a camping trip to Lovingston VA and found
the most fantastic restaurant! It is the Lovingston Cafe on 165 Front
Street in Lovingston, VA. That is about 29 miles south of Charlottesville
on Rt. 29. We inquired about the menu items to our waitress and she fetched
the proprietor, Tom Brokamp, was just leaving for the day.  He was gracious
enough to spend time with us including several trips to the kitchen to
answer questions about ingredients and preparation, etc. (although he knew
almost everything by heart, anyway!) We dissected several menu items of
which I am happy to list here:

Nachos Grande w/ everything except sour cream Caesar Salad (not sure
about the chicken) w/ everything except croutons & bread Greek Salad w/
everything except bread Taco Salad w/everything except sour cream - use
quacamole instead.  Mexicali beef chili Rice pudding Hard Core Cider!

I was in heaven. You can't beat a selection like that! I wish I had had
more time to explore some other menu items but I was so happy with what I
had and their food is excellent. Don't let the outward appearance fool ya,
it's not fancy on the outside, but this is seriously good food.

If you visit - tell Tom the Camp Jeep person sent ya!!  I'd like to see him
get lots of business from 'our kind' as a result of this post.  Happy
trails!