From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 2 Feb 2002 08:38:59 -0500
When I started having problems similar to yours, I had Win 98.  After a short period of time it was anybody's guess if it would boot into Windows. I started getting blue screens, and would have to reboot an average of 5 times before it would load Windows.  I could not find the problem, and eventually reformatted and reinstalled Windows. Along the way Scandisk could not complete a run, I got e-mail error messages or Outlook would freeze up the OS while downloading mail, which required manual reboots. As a general rule, if you have a corrupt registry, it's time to start over with a reinstall. If you don't have a copy of Win 98 or 98 SE, try going to www.bigclearance.com where you can by OEM copies of most Win OS's at big discounts. I would suggest you skip Win Me as it is not real friendly to your Win 95 programs and hardware.  If you want to have USB available you'll need to get at least Win 98.