From:
"Steven J. Wolfe" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 13:44:04 -0700
You should make sure to have the monitor turned on first before starting
Windows. Modern Monitors use a function Called DDC which is used to
communicate with the Video Adapter, and let the Video Adapter know the specs
for the monitor (ie: refresh rates at all resolutions). So in order for this
to work properly in the Windows environment, it needs to be turned on so
that the Plug and Play features from the Windows OS will know that the
Monitor is Present, and make the neccessary adjustments. If you turn it on
after Windows boots up, it will default the settings to a standard monitor!

Good Luck,  Steve...