From:
James Powers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Oct 2001 12:33:00 -0600
do this:
ctrl-Alt-del every thing except Explorer...also disconnect any network cable you may have and any external devices that may "wake-up" and cause the drive contents to change.  Now when you get the message, "scandisk has re-started...."  it should also ask you if you want to continue seeing these warnings...tell it "no"  it will no longer give you these warnings that cause it to stop scanning.   It will eventually finish the scan disk process.
good luck

James Powers

>>> [log in to unmask] 10/29/01 06:57AM >>>
I have a friend who has a 3 month old Compaq. It is a 850 MHZ Duron, 128 MB
RAM, running Windows Me. When trying to run scandisk after a minute or two a
box pops up and has the following message( not word for word but as best as I
remember)
"Scandisk has restarted 10 times. Windows or some other program is writing to
the hard drive."

I used Ctrl-Alt-Del and shut down everything except explorer and it still
does the same thing. Can there be other things running after shutting down
everything that way? Does anyone have an idea what the problem could be and
how to get it to run and complete scandisk?  Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.

TIA
Gary South

                     visit our download web page at: