From:
joseph marty <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 22 Oct 2001 11:06:12 -0400
WD has just such a DOS utility that allegedly takes the hard drive down to bare metal.  Go to www.wd.com and navigate to their utilities.  The Dept. of Defense could recover this info, but it is highly unlikely any normal person would either think about it, or even know how to try.

>> I have a friend who is giving his old computer away.  It has a lot of financial stuff on it that he wants to make sure it cannot be recovered.  Will reformatting the hard drive completely erase all files so there is no chance of recovery?

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml