From:
Leigh Jennings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2001 20:40:27 +1000
Hi

I have an AMD Athlon 1.333 on an Asus A7M266 mainboard with 500 meg of
DDR  Ram, GeForce2 GTS graphics. I am very happy with the system as it
absolutely flies. If your budget will run to it you might want to look into
DDR RAM (stands for double density, and is supposedly twice as fast as non
DDR ram)

my only complaint is that the system runs a little hot (52 deg) and its not
even summer here yet, however there is only the standard fan so I can put
more in before summer hits.

Leigh Jennings

>Date:    Wed, 10 Oct 2001 13:20:40 +0530
>From:    SatPrem Reddy <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: motherboard for Athlon1.4
>

>Hi all,
>  I am planning to build a new system for my home. I've got a few =
>decisions to make.
>     =20
>     1)Athlon1.4 vs P4
>        I am pretty much decided here that I am going to go for Athlon. =
>But any=20
>comments would be welcome.
>     2)ASUS A7V133 vs MSI K7T Turbo (SDRAM boards)
>        I can get an MSI at half the price of an ASUS. So, is the price =
>difference=20
>really worth the small performance difference between the two boards? =
>How=20
>about a Gigabyte board?
>     3)GeForce2 MX 200 vs GeForce2 MX 400 vs GeForce2 GTS
>       I am not much of a gamer, but I do play a lot of games. Basically =
>I am=20
>looking for a decent card at a reasonable price. I want to know if the =
>extra=20
>price is worth the difference in their performance.
>

>     Thanks in advance.
>

>-SatPrem

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml