Date:
Sun, 7 Oct 2001 04:13:47 -0700
  Someone else has suggested superglue, but there's a better choice
out there:
  You may have to hunt for it, but what you want is two-sided tape
with high thermal conductance.  It does exist, and in fact some of
the cheaper heat sinks come with a piece of it already on the
underside instead of using the tabs.

  You haven't told us the speed of your CPU.  Many DX CPUs ran fine
without any extra cooling (the 486DX50 being the notable exception),
but a DX2 should have a heat sink and a DX4 *definitely* needs one.

Dave Gillett

On 6 Oct 2001, at 16:52, Kevin Scott wrote:

> Hello,  I have a AT motherboard with a socket 5 cpu intalled. On
> the socket itself it has two tabs for the heatsink to mount on an
> connect too. Well, one of the tabs broke off while disconnecting
> the heatsink.  Now I cannot connect the heatsink to the socket,
> because one of the tabs has broken off.  What can I do to protect
> my cpu from overheating since my heatsink will not mount to socket.
>
> Pleeeeeeaaasse Helllllllppppp!!!!
>
> Thanks for any help!
>
> Kevin Scott

                     visit our download web page at: