From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:09:33 -0400
Did the cards come from a PCI slot, or an ISA slot?  ISA form factor cards
may not be plug and play.  PCI cards are plug and play, and so should be
readily identified by WIN98se if you ran the detect new hardware wizard.
Which brings us to the real issue, cards that aren't detected, and this
includes ISA cards, should be replaced.  This will save you the trouble of
looking for drivers.  Decent PCI cards are available on the internet or from
curcuit city and best buy, for less than $20 each.  I use some 10/100's that
I paid as low as $10 for and they work fine. Cheap brands are SMC, dLink,
Linksys, and netgear.  You will find the cat5 cable is more expensive than
the cards.
Tom Turak