From:
"Changhsu P. Liu" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:41:34 -0400
I wonder if this is a symptom of a dying power supply (350W, ~2.5 year old).

It happens under a few conditions:
1) Right after it reaches desktop (win2k), it reboots itself.
2) when I'm trying to access a CD.
3) when I'm trying to copy photos from a USB Flash card reader.

I originally thought it might related to the voltage I assigned to the
computer. When it requires more power than the computer can provide, it
reboots. I'm at 1.70v, the highest it can go after I upgrade the BIOS. I
had a hack which allows it to go to 1.85v for overclock, but the new BIOS
disabled that. Without overclocking, 1.7v should be fine. It might also
related to the IDE interface card I put in recently. I just took it out
this morning and see if I still get a lot of reboot.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Changhsu Liu

                    Digest mode - visit our web site: