Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Eric Greenberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Aug 2001 08:57:38 -0400
The original poster sounds like he is using a cable-modem router to "fool"
his cable provider.  It is much like the proxy server you mention, but does
work a bit differently.  With a router you don't need any computer to be
"server", the router acts like one for you.

If this is what you are using, you might have to check the IP addresses you
have set up for each computer if you are using internal static
addresses.  If you are using the Linksys DHCP server, check to make sure
you have enough users set up on the status page and that you actually have
the DHCP enabled.

It sounds like the one of the above settings is causing your problem.  Why
it changed from the way it was previously set up is another question entirely.