Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Gary Tennesen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 11 May 2001 20:06:54 -0700
Delores:

As we speak (or type) I am connecting a Dell laptop and two older Pentium
systems with Intel's Anypoint RF adapters.  I got each adapter for 99
dollars.  The laptop's pc card laptop was also 99 dollars.   The
installation is very easy and you can even use the installation CD to enable
sharing if you aren't up with networking.  There is a 100 foot limit on
quality data transmission.

I do have one big issue.  USB adapter cards had to be installed into the
desktop systems @ 19 dollars each and they worked fine; however, once the RF
adapter was recognized on the desktop that has a USB satellite modem
(DirecPC), it goofed up all the IP, Gateway and DNS settings.  It took some
time to get those settings back but since then, my internet connectivity
hasn't been reliable and HAVE YET to start trying to share it.

If you have broadband through a network card (rather than USB) I strongly
believe you will fare better than I have.  I wonder if the 19.00 USB card
isn't up to handling traffic from an RF adapter as well as a satellite
modem.  Does anyone know if two USB adapter cards (pci) can be installed
into one computer?

--gary r. tennesen