From:
Lynnet Bannion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:53:06 -0600
Susan Carmack wrote:

> I have some Milk thistle but it has fructose in the preparation. Would this
> be any good?

I think that would be counterproductive.  You can actually buy whole
milk thistle seed and chew it if you like; it is tasty.  Or get milk thistle
standardized in capsules.

> >As I understand, it's very difficult to kill a nail fungus.

If you can find neem-coconut oil (ayurvedic preparation) that would
be a good thing to rub on the nails.  I haven't had any specific
experience with nail fungus, but neem is great for infections and fungus
such as athlete's foot.  Plain coconut oil rubbed on regularly might be good in
itself;
it's cooling; a good antiinflammatory..
Or try tea tree oil, plain or mixed with coconut oil, another antifungal and
antiinflammatory.

As a preventive measure for nail fungus, I've read that you should not
disturb the cuticle at the side of your nails, as that cuticle is protective
of the nail bed.

Good luck.  Let us know what works.....

    Lynnet