VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Sep 2004 10:50:42 -0700
 Amy,
It seems to me I've heard of commercial OCR packages that may have a similar
PDF print system.  They'd surely be a chunk cheaper than the "VIS-BIZ" ones.

Also,
http://www.readingmadeeasy.com
has a much less expensive PDF reader, but it wouldn't even install on my
win98 system, and I've not heard of anybody else getting it to work.
That doesn't mean it doesn't work, just that nobody is crying success
to a list I'm on <G>
I think it likely you'll have to do OCR on those older docs, but maybe
there's a way to save all that printing and scanning through one of the
graphical conversion programs like Konvertor.

Please do let us know if you find any better approaches.

Tom