VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nelson Blachman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 May 2002 20:33:49 -0700
Mark,

  A valid virus warning will always include a date and a source.

  A hoax virus warning lacks these and often also gives no information on
what sorts of operating systems are vulnerable.

  Any message asking recipients to pass it on to everyone in their address
books is a hoax intended to act, with your help, like a virus.

  Bad grammar is always an indication, as you noted,  of the unreliability
of a message.

Nelson Blachman WG6R
Oakland, Calif.