VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Fowle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 18:15:18 -700

Another aspect to this currency problem is that design of new
U.S. currency has been completed recently and that a great deal
of effort went into trying to make it more accessible.  There
were forces at work who simply did not wish to make these changes
for any reason.

New currency is now being circulated in, at least, 20 dollar
bills, and I think it unlikely in the extreme that a suit by ACB
can accomplish any change.

the government did make a stupid decision in redesigning currency
and failing to follow the lead of many other western nations in
making it inaccessible.

However I tend to agree with Christopher, there are much bigger
fish to fry, and it is very unlikely that the suit will be
successfull.

Unless you deal with currency all day, having to ask for help in
separating denominations is an annoyance, not a fatal flaw.

If you don't have a job, you won't have much currency to
identify, and you'll have lots of time in which to figure it out.

      Tom Fowle

Net-Tamer V 1.12.0 - Registered