VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Isaac Obie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2001 03:19:16 -0400
Hello everyone,
I am hearing that if you want to beta test for AOL, it will require that
you give them your credit card info. Once the testing is up in 30 days, if
you decide you don't want to continue, your card will continually be
billed until you scream to get it taken off. Why should you need to give
your credit card info to beta test for someone?
Furthermore, AOL software is extremely difficult to remove from your
system once it's been installed. It will cause problems with things
already there. the litany continues, but let's let others confirm this. I
am only speaking from the many, many messages I've read. I am surprised
that no one has come forward on this list as of yet. I sure hope they will
because I'd hate to see people have to struggle with their systems and
wallets after this nonsense is over and done with. It's a joke to say the
least.
Isaac