From:
Tom Turak <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 21:15:58 -0400
The trusty floppy is better than its ever been, so today I assume the most
common issue with diskette failures is head mal-alignment.  Your diskettes
failing on all pc's or just yours?  I notice my diskettes (I have some going
back 9 years) get picky after a while, I attribute that to drive wear, not
diskette corrosion.  The heads are no longer where they were when they wrote
the diskette, so many years ago, so I 'shop' around the office for a pc
whose diskette heads will read it.  For your climate, have you tried
refrigerating the diskettes?  Won't hurt them to get cold.
Tom Turak