Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 21:56:08 +1000
Ethan, reformat won't solve the problem, win9x include Me, never designed to
work with such amount of RAM, you have to limit Memory use to 512Mb, run
MSCONFIG, there is an option to do it. For strange reason I couldn't
explain, I've seen few machines that you have to limit Memory use to 510Mb
or less, the magic 512 number will result system crash for them (512 should
be fine, MS says).

Anything more than 512Mb is waste for win9x, I don't even think win9x can
take advantage more than 384Mb (doing Image editing and video editing on
win9x, will use more than 256, for most win9x users, 256 is enough).

However, if anyone has plan to upgrade to XP later, then more RAM is better.

Jun Qian