From:
Alan Priol <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 11:28:35 +1000
Sarah, a quick question. Have you formatted the hard drive yet?

Regards,
Alan Priol.

I just purchased abit sa6r (raid) mobo, Pentium III 733 mhz pc133, SDRAM:
156 (133), and maxtor 7200 40 gig hd. Have read and re-read manuals, am
reasonably sure I have hardware connected properly, jumpers set, etc. No
PCI cards or video card attached, ONLY floppy and hard drive. Have read
and re-read settings recommendations for BIOS and BIOS detects hard
drive (access mode set to LBA), says it sees the floppy, CPU and RAM:
all settings *seem* to be correct. First boot device is floppy, second
is HD0. IDE controller is enabled. When system is powered on, it runs
thru CPU detection, IDE etc, then PCI device listing (looks correct),
then "verifying DMI Pool Data.....", (which sometimes says "update
success" afterwards but makes no difference. Error msg appears: "DISK
BOOT FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I am unclear what
system disk it means, have tried several disks including regular windows
boot disk as well as Maxblast bootdisk, none of which helped. I am not
sure if floppy is even being read. Also cleared CMOS twice, switched out
data and power cables on HDD and floppy,and tried different slots for
RAM. The floppy led flickers and I can hear it whirring.....I will take
any suggestions at all, thanks!

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml