From:
Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 5 Apr 2002 09:50:57 -0500
-----
From: "Paul Sand" <[log in to unmask]>

> >From: Richard Geller <[log in to unmask]>
> >Changes in vision happen quickly when the blood glucose levels change. I
> >had
> >a friend whose vision suddenly got much better and it was because he had
> >developed symptoms of type 2 diabetes. His doctor said this is a frequent
> >sign.

> So you are saying that too low blood sugar causes problems not too high ?

No, dramatic changes in normal levels of blood sugar (either up or down) can
cause changes in the shape of the eyeball. For my friend, he was farsighted
and then with the high blood sugar levels his eyeball shape changed and he
became much less far-sighted.

I was very near-sighted and am much less near-sighted now with lower blood
sugar levels.

--Richard