From:
Karen Robinson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 12:31:42 -0400
Thanks much, Amadeus. I'm curious about the carbs at night, because from
reading the Syndrome X book and related material, it seem to me that
clearing insulin from the blood at night promotes growth hormone and deep
sleep, hence the recommendation to eat a high protein dinner early and not
eat again until breakfast.

But maybe to maximize serotonin, for those who need extra help with that,
the potato at night might be a reasonable compromise, especially if it works
for them. Rather than speculate any more, I will follow up and check out the
web sites you recommended, and I've ordered the Potato not Prozac book,
since it sounded interesting enough to look into.

-Karen