C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 23 Mar 2002 08:22:52 EST
In a message dated 3/22/2002 4:13:10 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Betty,
>
> If you move, as you stated you wanted to, then isn't this plan kind of
> pointless?
>
> Mag

Yes Mag, but I can't see how I can do it.  I've looked into it, but it's just
not feasable.  If I move, I have to share half of the sale with my nephew per
my Mom's will and state law (my sister would have gotten half if she were
still alive).  At least Mom stipulated that the house is mine as long as I am
alive unless I choose to sell.  Nobody can force me to sell, or force me out.
 I doubt if my nephew would want to do that, but then again, I didn't think
he grab a calculator as quickly as he did to figure out "our halves, and what
I could do with mine" the minute I asked him if it would be okay for me to go
over my half a little bit if I found an accessible place that I could live
in, and just make payments to him for whatever his half was that I cut into.

His father bilked him out of his grandfather's inheritance, it was almost
100K.  He's never forgotten that, and after Mom died, my nephew didn't mind
at all reminding me that such a thing was never going to happen to him again.
 I'm not related to his stinking Dad.  That bastard sat and let my sister die
after she took a whole bottle of darvin compound instead of calling for EMS,
and didn't call until she had been without oxygen for so long that the only
way for the EMS people to be of any real use would have been to stop CPR the
minute the ambulance door was closed with nobody looking.  Of course, that
never happens...officially.  He doesn't seem to want to take this moeny thing
out on his Dad, but doesn't mind holding it against me.  Believe me, I've
been watched here.  We are co executors of my Mom's estate, my nephew and I,
and I had to beg him to co sign a check for me to get some of my own money to
go to the dentist when I was in pain.  I had to beg for that money...my own
money...and the fact that I was in pain was no bother to him.  He made me
wait for a couple of months in pain while he acted like the lord and god of
the money Mom left me.  He's young, and I honestly don't think he realizes
what a horses ass he's been about this.  I love him, I do, but ever since he
finished college, he's been a bit too impressed with his own existance.  I
thought that would have died after the first five or so years though.

I am thinking now that if I hang onto this place until the mortgage is paid
off, which is seven more years, then I can use this for rental property and
move.  Frankly, I'm ten minutes from DC and the more I think about it, I
think I'd be foolish to let this property go.

The whole things makes me mad as hell, but I am still thinking that I have a
place to sleep tonight, and there are a lot of people who don't.  I feel like
I don't want to forget that things could be so much worse.  Things are worse
for some people right on this list, and I'm aware of that.  I just want to
get what I need and I am not trying to take anything away from anyone.