C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 20:21:20 -0500
Hi guys,

I had a quick question.  I was wondering how people here handle going to the
eye doctor.  I'm mildly spastic, and I have a really hard time getting
positioned behind each of the machines.  I don't know what it's called, but
there's one test where they shoot air in your eyes... I spasm every time
they try.  My dad puts me up in the doctor's chair, but I have a hard time
staying all the way up in the slippery leather chair.  I slide down during
the test, and can't lean all the way forward.  I feel like these problems
are compromising the accuracy of my results.  Any tips?  Thanks!

~Joy~