C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Deri James <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Dec 2001 18:54:51 +0000
On Wednesday 26 Dec 2001 4:40 pm, Betty B wrote:

> I know part of what's happening there, becuase I've seen you guys
> up close and personal.  You and Lin are a very charismatic couple.
> I felt it, and everybody here noticed it.  Additionally, the way
> you work together in terms of accommodating each others
> disabilities is a visible sign of the strength of your marriage.
> Deri, you and Lin exude charisma and strength.  That's what your
> children have seen all their lives.  They ain't cuttin' you no
> slack, Bub.

Yeah, but I WANT a bit of slack. ;-)

Actually, I don't think the kids think we are disabled!! I remember
hearing Ceri talking to a schoolmate when she was 5, he asked her:-

        "Why does your Dad talk funny".

Her answer:-

        "That's 'cos he IS funny".

> I'm out of Dr. Pepper.  You gonna do something about this, or what?

Send me the number of that takeaway where we got those great wrap
things (what are they called - creamy sauce and meat), and its sorted.

> Betty

Cheers

Deri