C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 11:40:16 EST
In a message dated 12/24/2001 7:37:55 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Me & Lin were very conscious of these problems when the kids were
> young, not wanting to make them into "carers", but I figure we may
> have gone a bit too far, 'cos its difficult to get them to do any
> chores at all now!!
>
> Cheers
>
> Deri

I know part of what's happening there, becuase I've seen you guys up close
and personal.  You and Lin are a very charismatic couple.  I felt it, and
everybody here noticed it.  Additionally, the way you work together in terms
of accommodating each others disabilities is a visible sign of the strength
of your marriage.  Deri, you and Lin exude charisma and strength.  That's
what your children have seen all their lives.  They ain't cuttin' you no
slack, Bub.

I'm out of Dr. Pepper.  You gonna do something about this, or what?

Betty