C-PALSY Archives

Cerebral Palsy List

C-PALSY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rayna Lamb <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 20:51:50 +0800
On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 09:40:00AM -0400, Cleveland, Kyle E. wrote:
     To paraphrase Saddam: I had the "mother of all spasms" last night in my left
    hamstring.  Shot out of bed like a Saturn V rocket!  Took 15-20 minutes to
    get the thing to relax.  You guys ever get spasms that, once you get them to
    relax a bit, stay right on the edge of locking back up at the slightest
    stimulus?  It was like that.  Makes me think I should bite the bullet and
    pay for the Zanaflex on my own since the ins. co. won't cover.  One good
    thing, though:  I found out I can dance like the king of Hip Hop!

Yep, know exactly what you mean, Kyle.  It's still winter over here
and my spasms have gotten worse (still not as bad as they used to be
now I'm taking mag. supps and baclofen) it often feels like a dog has
latched onto my leg with it's teeth and is throwing me around.  I have
to remember to keep breathing, and concentrating on something
reptitive like counting passing cars or watching a clock tick helps.
Have you developed the James Brown agonised yelp as well as the
Hip-Hop dancing? :-)

    (BTW--leave me on the list.  Was just a poor attempt at humor.)

It made me laugh!

Rayna