VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

"VICUG-L: Visually Impaired Computer Users' Group List" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 01:31:12 -0400
I was wondering if anyone knows whether it's possible to download the
background music that comes up on certain Web pages.  I'm referring to Web
pages that are composed of text, and maybe some pictures, that launch
background music when they're opened.    A distinction should be made
between these kinds of pages and links from other pages that strictly open
a music file, such as a MIDI file.  Those I know you can download by
right-clicking on the link and choosing Save Target As.  But when I try to
do that with pages that have background music, I only get the HTML file.  I
guess this is happening because the music file is coded into the HTML.  I
just don't know how to separate it out so that I get the music without the
text.  Or isn't it possible to do that?

I hope I made myself clear.  <smile>  Thanks in advance for any ideas or
suggestions.
Rachel