Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2001 22:39:14 -0700
7bit
From:
"Todd M. Gruhn" <[log in to unmask]>
Jean,

Seeing that your system is a Pentium III running at a 133 MHz FSB, PC-133
memory is what you will need in your system.  PC-133 memory is usually
backward compatible with PC-100 and PC-66 DIMMs, so a new DIMM should be
compatible with what is in your system now, even if it is not PC-133.

Todd Gruhn

> I have a Pionex 633 MHz Pentium 3 computer that is about 1 year old.
> Because of a recent upheaval in my household, I cannot find the book for
the
> computer. How can I find out what kind of memory this computer has without
> disassembling it? Some places are selling 128 SDRAM memory sticks for very
> decent prices but I have no idea if this thing uses DRAM, SDRAM PC-100 or
> SDRAM PC-133. Don't want to buy the wrong kind and find out it won't work.
> Any ideas?
>
> Jean Bourvic

                  Visit our website regularly for FAQs,
                          http://freepctech.com