Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 08:48:55 -0400
7bit
From:
Dan Duffy <[log in to unmask]>
Eric...now that you have Win2K loaded on the computer, are you able to
put a floppy into the drive and see it in My Computer?  If you can read
the disk, then you have a bad boot disk...if not, then something is wrong
with the drive or cable.  Make sure that in the bios that A is the first
boot option since you already have an OS on the hard drive.

Dan Duffy

I have the same problem on a new Soyo SY-K7VTA-B Mainboard.  I have tried
many different BIOS settings and several different boot disks including Dr.
bootdisk and one specifically made to upgrade System BIOS...  none of them
would work.  I too received the non-system disk error when it accessed the
floppy.  Yes, it is set to boot floppy first.

I was able to load Win2K on the machine by booting from the installation CD
and it is up and running, however I would like an answer to this question as
well; before I send it off to college with my daughter.  I am stumped.

Thanks,
Eric Heath

                     visit our download web page at:
                  http://freepctech.com/downloads.shtml