Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Mary Wolden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Apr 2001 21:03:51 -0500
From: "Pat Poole" :Sent: Sunday, April 22, 2001 9:06 AM
Subject: [PCBUILD] PC not working properly

> Hi All
>
> Sure am hoping someone can help me.  I have a Packard Bell Pentium. Have had problems with it from day one. The place that I bought it from keeps sending it in and only have it reformatted.  The only thing they have replaced is the Cd I now have a 48x. I can't use my microphone nor can I listen to music through the cd rom, there is no sound. When I put in a game it doesn't load automatically I have to go to run and start it manualy the Cd option for auto run is checked. I have checked all volumn controls and so on, it isn't that. Also my computer will start running and go on and on. I can't go anywhere or do anything as it takes forever to load anything. I have lots of free space and 40 memory. I get Illegal Program messages also Internal error messages. I am hoping that someone may be able to give me an idea of what is wrong with this PC. I have been told that the actual processor is to blame that it isn't running correctly?
>
> Thanks for any help or advice
> Yours Truly
> Pat Poole

Pat,

It would be helpful to have a few more details regarding your system, like the operating system you are running, the type and speed of the processor, hard drive space and how much is free, in device manager does the sound card have any yellow exclamations marks next to it, does the cd rom have a cable from the cd rom to the sound card, and any other pertinent information about your system.

Mary Wolden