Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Wally Day <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 15:31:34 -0700
> this is a small, relatively inconsequential
> question,
> but I came to Paleo by way of Natural Hygiene, which
> has a lot to say about proper food combining. Eating
> fruit after other, more "solid" foods is a big
> no-no,
> because these other foods take longer to digest than
> fruit and when the fruit gets stuck behind these
> slower passing foods in the digestive tract the
> sugars
> cause fermentation and gas.

I, for one, have to eat fruit either all by itself or
as a "appetizer" 10-15 minutes before a meal. If I eat
fruit with - or after - a meal, I get terrible
intestinal gas and/or indigestion. However, I have
posed similar questions to this group and found that
many can mix fruit and other foods with no apparent
ill effects. Viva la difference.

And speaking of NH, I also came to paleo from that
general direction. I see paleo as being basically NH
... with meat. Previously, i was eating large salads
with a sprinkling of meat (almost like a condiment)
for added protein/amino acids. Then, when introduced
to the Paleo Food List, I started increasing the
quantity of meat, and added various cooked vegetables
to my meals. Unfortunately, I discovered that I cannot
eat as much meat as some members of this list do, and
I find most cooked vegetables basically boring. So,
I'm pretty much back to large salads with meat as a
topping, which seems to satisfy both my "crunch
tooth", and my cravings for protein.

Now, on to my question. In light of the recent
discussion of the non-paleoness of vinegar, does
anyone have interesting suggestions for salad
dressings? I know that they exist and can be found in
stores, but most have a list of ingredients that
resemble the hexadecimal character set.

Any suggestions?