Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
From:
Thomas Seay <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jul 2001 16:54:30 -0700
> Quite. Nothing in life is more important than good
> health..Without that
> nothing else has any value. And good health is not,
> to quote Deepak Chopra,
> "the absence of disease".

Glad that you mention Chopra.  He has a lot of
interest (accumulating in the bank) to make sure
that the marketing of diets and spiritual panaceas
never stops.

<<. I
> would agree, though, that too much attention to the
> minutiae is unhealthy.>>

Ok, we agree on that.
> ("moderation in all things"). This health quest>>

You see, this is the problem...everything has to fall
under the umbrella of health.  For a lot of people in
the "health movement" that means activities that have
been sanctioned by one of the High Lamas of the New
Age, like Deepak Chopra.  Getting in touch with
oneself basically can be reduced to parroting the
jingles found in the last new age book one has read.
And like any jingle, next week will bring a new book
with inflated claims and new jingles...a new self.
Not only should the slogan go, "You are what you eat",
but it should also be "you are what you read last".
FOR GOD's SAKE, DO ANY OF THE ADEPTS DO ANYTHING THAT
IS REALLY FUN ANYMORE...without constantly whining and
worrying about the health effects?

> music, dance and spirituality. This was all
> practiced by our paleolithic
> ancestors.

Great...so these things got sanctioned  by the
paleolithic ancestors (and just to hedge my bets, by
Deepak Chopra as well)...and boy, am I glad about that
because that gives me the RIGHT go out and do these
things.  And I am going to do them because it MUST be
good for my HEALTH.

Thomas